Senior Analytical ChemistPermanent RoleNorthumberland£35-55K Dependent on ExperienceA leading pharmaceutical company in Northumberland are looking to recruit a Senior Analytical Chemist to join their busy team.The...
Analytical Chemist required on a temporary basis, based in North Cheshire. Requiring proven experience of using GC or GC-MS in a working laboratory environment to analyse a range of chemicals.
Title: Analytical Chemist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £28,000 - 34,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Term: Temporary - 6 months
SRG is working with a leading chemicals manufacturer who develop and manufacture an array of speciality chemicals for use in a wide variety of products and applications. They are now looking for an Analytical Chemist to join the Research Department on a temporary basis for 6 months. The role will involve analysing products from pilot rigs, reporting and analysing data to support the research team. This position would be well suited to someone with a strong background in analytical chemistry and previous experience analysing chemicals and/or chemical products using GC or GC-MS.
Benefits: Weekly paid role in a well-established company with an inclusive and sociable culture. Working hours of 8.45am - 5pm, Monday to Friday with potential for night shifts.
Role / Description
- Analysis of products from reaction rigs using GC, GC-MS, Ion Chromatography and HPLC
- Following strict standard operating procedures for analysis
- Processing and interpretation of analytical results
- Reporting analytical results to inform research and process optimisation
- Supporting research team with reaction rig set-up and running
- Following appropriate Health and Safety procedures with regards to hazardous chemicals and laboratory housekeeping
- Minimum degree in Chemistry OR qualified by experience
- Proven, hands-on experience of using GC or GC-MS in an industrial laboratory
- Additional experience with HPLC would be considered advantageous
- Previous experience in a GMP or GLP environment
- Previous experience of working with hazardous chemicals
- Available immediately
- Motivated, can-do attitude with a strong analytical mind-set
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GC, GC-MS, gas chromatography, IC, ion chromatography, HPLC, laboratory, chemistry, analysis, chemist, analytical, analyst, rig, reaction, characterisation, chemical, hazardous
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.