An opportunity for a Research Assistant to join an innovative start-up company within life sciences.Job Title: Research AssistantDuration: PermanentSalary: competitiveLocation: CheshireSRG are working with a...
On-going temp contract
Contract Andrew: 0121 728 8456
Working as part of a small team to evaluate the performance of materials used to manufacture cans. Testing performance by means of packing with model products and examining after storage. Communicating results to project leaders and business personnel with recommendations.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Conduct Pack Performance Tests
- Plan tests according to requirements given by Team Leader
- Ensure full traceability of samples is maintained by clear and accurate documentation and labelling
- Prepare food and beverage products to standard recipes
- Pack cans (filling, seaming and cooking) to industry standards
- Open cans and prepare for examination
- Manage workload and samples using appropriate IT systems
- Communicate with project leaders and Crown businesses
- Work to agreed deadlines
- General laboratory and pilot plant work
- As part of a busy, multi-disciplinary team, there may be occasions where working in support of other teams is required
- At least science, technology, engineering or maths A-levels or NVQ Level 3
- No specific experience required, full training will be provided. However, some experience of working in a laboratory would be advantageous
- Working in a team, delivering results to demanding deadlines
- Practical person with ability to work with minimal supervision after initial training.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Desire to work in laboratory or pilot plant environment.
- Ability to be creative and think strategically.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.