An opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer to join a team in Cheshire on a 12 month fixed term contract.About the organisation:You will be...
PROCESS TECHNICIAN - TEMP TO PERM £12 Per Hour - DIAGNOSTICS - REDCAR
A brilliant opportunity to join an innovative and hands on manufacturing business.
SRG are working closely with a diagnostic manufacturer who are looking for a permanent Process Technician to join their team. This role will start off temporary, and then after a successful probationary period of 3-6 months you will be taken on permanently. The successful candidate will have experience in either lithography processes (i.e. spin coating, UV mask exposure and development), or in the operation of mechanical bonding and CNC drilling processes.
- Setting up and validation of the production manufacturing process with new products and procedures.
- To provide new Product and Process Introduction support for the Design and Project principles by working with suppliers of new machinery, materials and prototype testing. .
- Use Continuous Improvement and Lean Initiatives to provide a structured approach to quality, cost and delivery improvements. Understanding of waste elimination techniques.
- Validation and improvement of Drawings & Specifications to ensure optimum processing, standards and costs.
- Creation and management of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Auditing of internal systems and suppliers and provide corrective actions and guidance as and when required.
- Root cause analysis of problems with corrective action.
- Clear understanding and assessment of personal, operator and company Risk. When implementing new machinery, processes or procedures.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Engineering and Business Improvement NVQ in Mechanical or Process Engineering/ Technician discipline.
- In special circumstances, previous significant experience in a related process environment or company will be considered as alternative to academic qualification.
- Experience in planning, Continuous improvement & Lean.
- Understanding of mechanical CNC systems and basic electrical knowledge.
- Previous experience of working with MRP systems but not essential.
If interested please send an updated CV immediately.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.