Graduate Cosmetic Scientist required on a 3 month temporary basis, based in West Yorkshire Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or similar. Experience...
Graduate Cosmetic Scientist required on a 3 month temporary basis, based in West Yorkshire Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or similar. Experience in formulation or an interest in the cosmetic / personal care industry considered advantageous
Title: Graduate Cosmetic Scientist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £9.23 per hour (£18,000 per annum equivalent)
Term: Temporary - 3 months
SRG is currently working with an independent company specialising in the development of natural cosmetic formulations for the personal care industry. With a number of products already on the market and ongoing demand, they are now looking for a motivated and dynamic Graduate Cosmetic Scientist to support the team on a 3 month temporary basis. This position offers a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate looking to gain experience in formulation, product development and applications testing in the personal care/cosmetics industry.
Benefits: Excellent opportunity to gain experience in a working laboratory, in a company with an inclusive and laid back culture. Working hours of 8am - 4pm or 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Developing and applications testing of cosmetic hair care formulations
- Designing, planning and conducting experiments and trials to support development work
- Troubleshooting existing formulation issues
- Assisting with the delivery of new product pipelines
- Managing various projects with specific application area
- Maintaining detailed records with regards to project work, experiments and expenditure
- Liaising with peers, management and key stakeholders to communicate and report on ongoing projects
- A degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or relevant scientific subject
- Laboratory experience and strong wet chemistry skills
- Understanding or experience of formulation would be advantageous
- Genuine interest in cosmetic or personal care products
- Project management skills (inclusive of University projects)
- Enthusiastic and driven, with a positive attitude and proven work ethic.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: graduate, chemistry, cosmetic, personal care, hair care, hair products, hair dye, formulation, formulate, applications, laboratory, university, project
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.