Senior Biopharmaceutical Development (BPD) Manager Permanent CambridgeCompletive salarySRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading pharmaceutical company for a Senior Manager within Cell Culture...
Senior Biopharmaceutical Development (BPD) Manager Permanent CambridgeCompletive salary
SRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading pharmaceutical company for a Senior Manager within Cell Culture Fermentation Sciences to deliver on and advance cell culture upstream processes development capabilities. You will be working as part of an interdisciplinary team focussed on the bioprocess analytical technology, external collaborations as well as on supporting the analytics needs of a wide range of early stage R&D stakeholders e.g. novel drug product characterisation studies / structural and physico-chemical properties.
- Deploy advanced analytical technology to enable deep process improvements and efficient industrial manufacturing of therapeutics for human use. You will play a leading role in building out the existing high throughput automation capabilities within the team.
- Manage a small team (2-3 scientist) as well as hands on execution of laboratory work
- Responsible for managing existing facility assets including liquid chromatography capabilities, capillary electrophoresis, biosensor technologies, mass spec and others.
- Play a leading role in envisioning the strategy for future PAT capabilities within the upstream bioprocess Development (UBD) team.
- Take responsibility for building out new high throughput analytical capabilities (e.g. focussing on cell characteristics, media and feed properties, physico-chemical conditions within the culture environment etc.), this will include the development and qualification of new approaches within the UBD group.
- Support and manage analytical testing through the UBD process development labs (using a variety of techniques) to meet the analytics needs of a wide range of early stage R&D stakeholders
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology or in a biochemical engineering or bioprocessing related discipline high preferred with significant post-doctoral experience
- A background in cell culture within an industrial environment.
- Practical industry experience of using analytics to support bioprocess development work in early or late upstream stages, specifically working with mammalian cells and recombinant proteins.
- Direct line management experience.
- Strong theoretical / mechanistic understanding of using process analytical technology to investigate media and feed properties, CHO cell biology and cellular metabolism, physico-chemical characteristics of the cell culture environment as well as recombinant protein product properties.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work with the finest talent in market leading pharmaceutical organisation. To find out more, please apply online or send your CV directly to k or give Umul a call on 0203 096 4529.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.