Title: Laboratory Support Team Leader.Location: Chester, Cheshire.Salary: Competitive.Duration: Permanent.SRG are currently working with a Contract Development Organisation based in Cheshire, who, after a successful 12...
Title: Laboratory Support Team Leader.
Location: Chester, Cheshire.
SRG are currently working with a Contract Development Organisation based in Cheshire, who, after a successful 12 months have recently opened a new GMP testing facility and are looking for a Laboratory Assistant Team Leader to work on a Permanent basis.
As a Laboratory Support Team Leader, you will lead the laboratory assistant team, who are responsible for providing day to day support within the laboratory. You will oversee routine tasks such as glassware cleaning, stock control and equipment calibration. You will also look into implementing continuous improvement activities within these routine tasks, looking to slipstream these processes and identify improvements.
- Perform general review over laboratory equipment reporting damages and problems to the line managers.
- Carry out formal self-inspections of the laboratory and its equipment, feeding back suggestions and implementing continuous improvements.
- Ensure that the laboratory has sufficient stock and solutions for the week ahead, liaising with scientists and other members of the business to check on stock levels.
- Manage and review all sample trays to ensure all glassware can be cleaned for follow on work and remove expired samples from the laboratory.
- Be educated to A Level or equivalent within a scientific related subject
- Hands on experience working within a pharmaceutical or GMP laboratory.
- Prove experience implementing some form of improvements within a pharmaceutical/GMP laboratory.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Dan Nightingale at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Dan on 0161 868 2205.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.