Title: Microbiology Manager.Contract: Permanent.Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits Package.Location: Galway. SRG are currently working with a major pharmaceutical organisation based in Galway, looking for...
Title: Microbiology Manager.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits Package.
SRG are currently working with a major pharmaceutical organisation based in Galway, looking for an experienced Microbiology Manager to join them on a permanent basis. This is an opportunity to work with a market-leading manufacturer of generic and speciality pharmaceuticals, and the largest employer in Galway. The site in Galway manufactures sterile injectable oncology, cardiovascular, anti-infective, and anaesthesia products, as well as hyaluronic acid medical devices for treatment of conditions such as muscular/skeletal inflammation.
As a Microbiology Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and supporting a team of 15 microbiologists with three direct reports, assessing performance, and conducting train.
- Managing and controlling microbial testing for pharmaceutical products for release.
- Validating testing methods, and conducting method transfer.
- Inputting to regulatory files for new product submissions and approvals.
- Ensuring quality standards are met in relation to GLP, GMP, and regulatory body directives.
- Supporting continuous improvement via 6S and Lean Six Sigma.
- Minimum of a BSc in Microbiology or a related scientific discipline.
- Direct management/leadership experience within a pharmaceutical microbiology laboratory.
- Experience of working within an FDA/IMB regulated facility (preferably within sterile injectable manufacture).
- Knowledge of aseptic processing, microbial and environmental monitoring, and isolator technology is preferable.
- Ability to provide leadership, set clear team objectives, communicate clearly, and ensure progress towards predefined targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry at a pivotal point in their expansion plans in Ireland. In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary, with a generous associated benefits scheme.
Apply direct now, or call Nathan McCarron on 0161 868 2234 to discuss your application in greater detail.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.