R&D Scientist LoughboroughTemp contract 6 months (maternity cover)£20,000 £25,000Contact Andrew to register an interest; 0121 728 8456 My client are a global construction material manufacturer...
Computational Scientist - Biotechnology18 Month Contract - OxfordshireSalary £42,000 - £55,000 commensurate with experienceAre you a Data scientist with experience in handling large data sets and confident with data manipulation and computational analysis? My client is looking to take on a suitably experienced data scientist to aid in the development of generating structures from large data sets in collaboration with scientists working on protein crystallography and cryo EM studies. You will be responsible for setting up new methods in high performance computing in collaboration with colleagues in the UK and US. You should have a broad background in computational/data science or related discipline with experience working with large scientific data sets.The role;
- This is an 18 month fixed term contract based in their facility in Oxfordshire
- You will support the groups computing environment for solving structures
- You will contribute to the deployment of new computational workflows
- You will analyse data within my clients high-performance computing environment, working with scientists to develop and optimise solutions for data analysis and processing.
The Successful Candidate;
- You will have multiple years experience working with large data sets and optimising workflows
- You will have a strong familiarity with Linux/bash or similar
- You will have an interest in developing computational workflows with a view to accelerating pharmaceutical development
- Knowledge of Python/c++/Java is an advantageYou will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a very well respected pharmaceutical company and have a significant impact on their ability to expedite drug discovery. Please call Oliver on 0121 7288454 for an informal chat about the role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.