R&D Scientist Enzyme developmentSouth WalesPermanent full time position£35,000 £45,000 dependant on experienceAre you a PhD educated scientist with experience with production of enzymes / proteins?...
R&D Scientist - Enzyme developmentSouth WalesPermanent full time position£35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experienceAre you a PhD educated scientist with experience with production of enzymes / proteins? We are looking for suitably experienced scientists who are able to develop and produce enzymes from initially taking a molecular biology approach through to large scale production in bacteria / yeast. This is a real opportunity to work in a research and development positin within industry and have an impact on the success of projects.The successful Candidate;
- You will be degree educated (ideally to PhD level although equivalent experience will also be fine) in microbiology / molecular biology / Biochemistry or equivalent
- You will have experience in the production of proteins and enzymes in bacterial or yeast cultures
- You will have experience of scale-up or producing proteins from bacteria/yeast at industrial scale and working to industry standards
- You will have experience of protein / enzyme characterisationThe Role;
- You will develop new and improved techniques for bioinformatics, molecular cloning, microbiology and strain development
- Undertake DNA sequence analysis and manipulation using bioinformatics
- Design and implementation of microbial fermentations
- Process re-design and scale down optimisation
- Writing work instructions for design and optimisation of fermentations
- Technical transfer of processes from multi-fermenter from 3 litres to >500 litres
- Troubleshooting on our small to large scale fermentations
- Deliver high level technical support to internal and external customers
- Prepare and deliver technical reports, presentations and literature
- Supervise a small team of Process Technicians
- Identify and develop relationships with key external partners and experts
This is an exciting and challenging role with excellent benefits for your career and also personal development. For more information please call Oliver on 0121 7288454.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.