Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a background in Chemistry and practical laboratory skills, gained either through industrial experience or education. Title:...
£10.11 per hour
Contact Andrew to register an interest or to find out more: 0121 728 8456
Working in a small, lean manufacturing, production facility testing PU Flexible Foam and raw materials and administering the data collection and quality systems for the laboratory. Mainly working in the laboratory, but liaising with production, warehouse, sales and planning in order to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Testing of PU Foam and raw materials, in accordance with prescribed procedures, British Standards, legal, regulatory, customer or other requirements.
- Use of the band saw, flammability cabinet and other test equipment.
- Accurately recording test results in the data capture and quality systems.
- Timely reporting of non-conformance/product issues to the Quality Engineer and Production Team.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Development of new testing methods and improvement of current test methods, including writing and updating of procedures, forms and spreadsheets.
- Provide assistance to the Quality Engineer when required.
- Risk and COSHH assessment for the laboratory.
- Support to the SHEQ team.
- some lab or manufacturing experience
- accuracy and attention to detail
- experience or ability to learn pysical lab testing
- consistent, methodical approach;
- ability to write test reports, methods, other technical documents and compile accurate records;
- strong reasoning, verbal and mathematical skills;
- good IT skills, including Excel and Word,
- working knowledge of LIMS systems is an advantage;
- previous laboratory or quality testing experience;
- awareness of basic laboratory health and safety issues.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.