Peptide Chemist LeicestershireI am recruiting for an organic chemist to join a small but expanding company in the East Midlands (Leicestershire) area.You will be responsible...
Peptide Chemist Leicestershire
I am recruiting for an organic chemist to join a small but expanding company in the East Midlands (Leicestershire) area.
You will be responsible for synthesizing peptides (both catalogue and custom) using automated peptide synthesizers and manual procedures, cleave peptides from resin supports, purification and analysis using HPLC and mass spectrometry (LC-MS, MALDI) and carrying out post synthesis modifications.
Performing laboratory investigations for any Out-of-Trend, Out-of-Specification or Atypical Results as per SOP's to ensure the root cause is identified and remedial action is taken
- Develop new analytical techniques for the analysis of peptides
- Documenting all work as per SOP's and GLP
- Ensuring all working copies of documents are stored appropriately and that no unauthorized changes to the document are made after validation
- Interpret data and reported scientific results
- Liaised with customers, staff and suppliers
- Used and developed non-standard techniques and methodologies
- Prepared internal reports and made presentations to the work group
PhD Organic Chemistry or a degree with a strong organic chemistry bias
Peptide production experience (solid phase)
Ideally with previous experience of GLP or GMP
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.