Peptide Chemist LeicestershireI am recruiting for an organic chemist to join a small but expanding company in the East Midlands (Leicestershire) area.You will be responsible...
Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Sciences OR proven experience of developing or testing chemical products.
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a leading manufacturer of products catering to the construction industry, including adhesives, coatings and sealants. The company has enjoyed significant year-on-year growth and they are now looking for a new Chemist to join the lab team. The role will involve working with a range of technologies and raw materials to develop new products, with some quality control. This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent Chemistry graduate with an interest in polymer or materials chemistry or with some product development or QC experience.
Benefits: Fantastic opportunity in a small, supportive team with a high level of autonomy. Full training provided, 21 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays. 40 working hours per week, worked Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm with a 4pm finish on Fridays. Flexibility on start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Developing new products for use in the construction industry
- Ensuring products conform to the EN standards
- Preparation of batch sheets and process scale up support
- Benchmarking and testing of products and raw materials using physical and mechanical test methods
- Identifying and carrying out improvements to existing product range
- Maintaining records of all work carried out
- Assessing new and alternative raw materials and meeting with suppliers as required
- Working with the production team to resolve factory production issues
- Providing cover for QC as required
- Offering technical advice to customers
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science
- An interest OR hands-on experience in developing or testing chemical/industrial products
- Good communication skills, able to adapt communication depending on audience
- Self-motivated, with a creative/innovative mind-set
- Able to use and demonstrate initiative
This role would be a brilliant opportunity to build product development experience in a small company who continue to show consistent growth.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided or email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, polymer science, material, construction, cement, cementitious, adhesive, coating, resin, sealant, paint, product development, development chemistry, formulation, graduate, technical, laboratory, quality control, QC, quality, chemical, material testing, polymer, physical testing, mechanical testing
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.