Analytical Development Scientist- ContractSRG are recruiting for an Analytical Development Scientist for a contract based in Glasgow.This is a great opportunity to join a global...
Analytical Development Scientist
12 months contract to Permanent
Attractive salary up to 28k, plus benefits package
- Have you worked in a Analytical Development Laboratory supporting the Pharmaceutical Development and/or stability testing?
- Have you got experience working in a GMP Manufacturing laboratory?
- To meet all safety and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) requirements during day to day working.
- To be responsible for own housekeeping within the lab and ensure the lab is left in a suitable state for use by others.
- To analyse samples, using appropriate methods, to the required standards producing high quality data.
- Has a basic understanding of method validation.
- To ensure that equipment/instrumentation is calibrated and maintained and that laboratory records/ documentation complies with cGMPs.
- Able to evaluate and interpret data.
- Highlights issues and seeks advice if problems occur.
- Plans own work on a daily basis to maximise efficiency.
- Shows capability of learning/understanding pharmaceutical knowledge and applying or remembering for future use.
- Capable of some method development activities under supervision.
- Understands and contributes to timelines, plans and billable deadlines.
- Communicates and interacts effectively within the team and contacts outside the team - verbally or via written documents.
- Limited report/protocol writing skills, but ability to draft a good basic protocol or report.
- Contributes to Analytical Test Procedures (ATPs) and more complex protocols and reports.
- May author training guidance documents.
- Degree or equivalent in a Science subject.
- Experience of HPLC, UPLC, dissolution, method development and validation.
- Experience of working within the Pharmaceutical industry: preferably testing tablets and capsules.
- Good knowledge/experience of analytical instrumentation and qualification procedures.
- Experience of working in a cGMP/GLP environment.
- Good IT skills i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Credible and confident communicator (written & verbal) at all levels.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment, adhering to strict deadlines/timescales.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Committed to learning and development.
If you are interested in the role and have the skills required for the position please apply online by using the link provided. For more information regarding this position, please call Bal on 0121 728 8455 to discuss.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.