Virology Laboratory TechnicianIn this new role you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the virology laboratory and Cell Culture Facility, including...
Virology Laboratory TechnicianIn this new role you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the virology laboratory and Cell Culture Facility, including management and delivery of practical work performed in the laboratory. Qualifications and competencies
- MSc in Food Science/Virology or equivalent with 1-year minimum practical experience
- Experience in ISO accredited virus detection methodology and virology cell culture techniques, including real-time PCR detection techniques.
- Familiarity with work under ISO17025 accredited laboratories, including managing UKAS accreditation processes, familiarity with BRC and ISO standards related to foodborne viruses, method validation and disinfectant testing.
- Effectively manage cost-effective delivery of technical services/research outputs
- Competence in data analysis and interpretation, communication of results
- High level of presentation skills in different settings (internal meetings with clients and external conferences) with the purpose of delivering scientific/technical research based information to non-technical staff.
- Virology / Microbiological laboratory techniques
- Interpretation and analysis of real time PCR results
- Use of microscope
- Maintenance and upkeep of cell culture facilities including cell lines and virus stocks
- Driving Licence and transport
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.