Senior Product Development Engineer Role (Medical Textiles) Glasgow- £35-45K DOE Main Duties Responsible for the Engineering Design and Development of Products in accordance with...
Product Development Scientist - Permanent - Glasgow
Are you a Chemist with experience in the design and development of products looking for a new challenge?
Do you have experience working within medical devices or in a similar regulated environment?
SRG is recruiting for a Product Development Scientist for a leading medical device manufacturer based in Glasgow.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Development Scientist to join the R&D team at my clients facility in Glasgow to be responsible for the scientific design and development of products following relevant procedures.
- Design Verification & Validation protocols, data analysis and report generation.
- Development of new analytical test methods, Process method development and transfer to manufacturing.
- Design activities documents as per Design Control including Design File maintenance.
- Risk Analysis and trouble shooting.
- Participate in Feasibility process.
- Development of Test protocols.
Qualification, Skills & Experience required:
- Minimum BSc (or Equivalent) in Chemistry, Material Science, or relevant subject.
- Extensive experience in product development ideally within the medical device industry.
- Organic chemistry background and experience in analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC or FTIR are desirable.
- You must have a proven ability of method development and in design control and quality systems.
- The ideal candidate will work effectively within a team, have excellent communication and organisational skills and be an effective decision maker.
If you are looking for a challenging new role and want to work for a leading medical device company based in Glasgow then this position is for you.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing excellent temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided.
For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: medical device, product development, design history file, DHF, verification and validation, V&V, design control, process development, method development
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.