I'm currently recruiting for an experienced Polymer Technologist for a well-established manufacturing company based in the Midlands. Reporting into the site R&D Manager, this is...
Polymer Process Technologist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring a minimum Bachelor's degree in Polymer Science/Technology, Chemistry or similar and proven experience of producing polymers at both a laboratory and manufacturing scale.
Title: Polymer Process Technologist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with company specialising in the development and manufacture of speciality polymers for a range of markets. As a result of continued growth, they have created a new position and now looking to hire a Polymer Process Technologist to support the team in improving and innovating methods of polymer manufacture. The role would be ideal for someone with practical experience of a range of polymerisation methods at both lab and manufacturing scale. Experience should be underpinned with a degree in Polymer Science, Chemistry or similar.
Benefits: A highly successful, global business offering an opportunity to join a growing, specialised team and support innovation, with lots of potential for project management. Significant focus on employee welfare Offering 27 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Excellent company pension scheme and private healthcare. 37.5 working hours per week, 8am - 4pm, Monday to Friday (flexible start and finish times).
Role / Description
- Investigating new methods to improve commercial production output of speciality polymers by optimising existing processes and exploring alternative production techniques
- Growing the knowledge-base for polymerisation techniques, particularly concerning equipment for thermoplastic polymer manufacture
- Leading projects involving lab-scale polymer products and process development and scale up to enable transfer of knowledge to operations
- Conducting lab-scale polymerisation reactions for a range of polymers
- Acting a key source of knowledge for polymer production techniques
- Reviewing and improving laboratory polymer production capability
- Minimum BSc Degree in Polymer Science, Polymer Technology, Chemistry or similar discipline OR equivalent experience
- Proven practical experience of using and developing polymerisation methods and polymer manufacture - from either an academic or industrial environment
- Able to lead projects and work collaboratively as needed
- Inquisitive mind set, with a passion for laboratory-based work
- Experience with polymer production equipment, scale up of polymer production, bioplastic polymers or polymer analysis would be considered highly advantageous
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a Polymer Chemist or Polymer Technologist to join a highly successful, worldwide business and drive product and process improvement.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, polymer, polymeric, BSc, MSc, PhD, polymer science, polymer technology, plastic, bioplastic, process, production, polymerisation, scale up, laboratory, plant, manufacturing, thermoplastic, polyol
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.