Analytical Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring minimum degree in Chemistry, Analytical Science (or similar) and proven experience of conducting analysis using chromatography techniques,...
Analytical Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring minimum degree in Chemistry, Analytical Science (or similar) and proven experience of conducting analysis using chromatography techniques, ideally in the chemical, plastic or polymer industry.
Title: Analytical Chemist
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a world-leading manufacturer of speciality additives for application in a variety of polymers and plastics. As a result of their continued success, they are now looking to add an Analytical Chemist to their central R&D team. The role would be suited to someone with a degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or similar, who has experience of using gas chromatography (GC) or liquid chromatography (LC) to analyse chemical products.
Benefits: A successful, global company experiencing continued growth, offering an opportunity with full training provided. Offering 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Other benefits include an excellent company pension scheme and private healthcare. Working hours of 37.5 hours, worked from 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Conducting and recording all experimental analytical work to contribute to reports
- Preparing and characterising samples using GC/GC-MS and LC/LC-MS along with other chromatography techniques
- Developing test methods to support internal teams and adhere to specifications, quality, operational goals and standards.
- Calibrating, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment as needed
- Generating and recording high quality analytical data
- Interpreting data to inform and support R&D projects
- Minimum degree-level qualification in Chemistry, Analytical Science or similar
- Proven industrial experience of using gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography (LC) or coupled techniques (GC-MS or LC-MS) for analysis
- Experience or an interest in data interpretation, instrument maintenance and/or method development
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills and a positive approach to solving problems
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an analyst or analytical chemist to join a busy R&D team and develop further skills in data interpretation, method development and instrument maintenance.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, analytical science, GC, gas chromatography, LC, liquid chromatography, GCMS, GC-MS, LCMS, LC-MS, mass spectroscopy, chromatography, equipment, instrumentation, analysis, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, method development
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.