An exciting opportunity for an Analytical Development Scientist to join a world leading Biopharmaceutical companyJob Title: Analytical Development Scientist Duration: Permanent Location: North West England...
Analytical Development Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring minimum degree in Chemistry, Analytical Science (or similar), proven experience of GC-MS or LC-MS analysis and method development. Problem solving skills essential.
Title: Analytical Development Chemist
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a world-leading manufacturer of speciality additives for the polymer and plastics industries. Their central R&D team is now looking for an experience Analytical Development Chemist to support the development of new analytical methods for unknown molecules. The ideal candidate would be degree-qualified in Chemistry, Analytical Science or similar, with experience of non-routine analysis and method development to analyse organic molecules and compounds.
Benefits: A globally successful company offering an opportunity in a highly collaborative R&D team, with training provided. Offering 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Other benefits include an excellent company pension scheme and private healthcare. Working hours of 37.5 hours, worked from 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Preparing and characterising samples and products using GC-MS and LC-MS along with other chromatography techniques
- Using problem-solving skills to explore how best to analyse unknown samples
- Developing new test methods to analyse unknown organic molecules and compounds
- Assessing current test methodologies for continuous improvement and best practice
- Generating and recording high quality analytical data
- Interpreting data to inform and support R&D projects
- Recording all experimental analytical work to contribute to reports
- Calibrating, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment as needed
- Minimum degree-level qualification in Chemistry, Analytical Science or similar discipline
- Proven industrial experience of using GC-MS or LC-MS to conduct analysis
- Previous experience of non-routine testing, method development, characterisation of unknown compounds or solving analytical problems
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills and a positive approach to solving problems
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a development analyst or analytical chemist to join a busy R&D team and develop in-depth analytical development knowledge.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: analytical development, analysis, method development, methodologies, GC, gas chromatography, LC, liquid chromatography, GCMS, GC-MS, LCMS, LC-MS, coupled chromatography, characterisation, non-routine, laboratory, chemistry, analytical science, chromatography, chemical, plastic, pharmaceutical, unknown compounds, sample preparation