Job Title: IT Lab Informatics ManagerDuration: PermanentSalary: CompetitiveLocation: Merseyside SRG are currently looking for an IT Manager specialising in R&D lab informatics, to join a...
Job Title: IT Lab Informatics Manager
SRG are currently looking for an IT Manager specialising in R&D lab informatics, to join a global biopharmaceutical development focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
The Lab Informatics R&D IT Manager will serve as the key IT advisor and point of contact for the biologics group at the Liverpool site to develop and implement robust system administration practices for analytical instruments, as well as engage in tactical and strategic planning for the lab systems they use.
- Working closely with IT Services group and the third-party vendors to ensure that technology platforms are adequately supported, and business continuity is assured by managing backup systems, developing and implementing Disaster Recovery Procedures.
- Ensuring data integrity for field based orphan systems not supported by IT Policies through system monitoring, management and deployment of virus protection and software firewalls.
- Serving as the IT lead to initiate and facilitate discussions with site users (and other internal/external groups as needed) to analyse, advise, plan and execute projects and initiatives to meet business needs.
- Partnering with the site group, other business groups and IT teams to lead or participate in business process design/redesign. Providing input and facilitating discussion of the direction and evolution of the technology landscape for laboratory information management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, plus significant practical experience of Information Technology in an industrial setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Multiple IT technical certifications preferred.
- Strong experience and expertise in the maintenance and administration of lab information management systems used in the pharmaceutical industry; including regulatory/audit requirements such as Openlab, Nugenesis, Empower, LIMS or Electronic Laboratory Notebook etc, and business processes and how they fit into the overall drug development process.
- Understanding of compliance and regulatory standards e.g. GLP, GMP and CDC guidelines as well as all company policies, and procedures.
- Experience with business and scientific computer systems and software applications, including MS Project plus Help Desk systems and controls.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz Sheikh on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GLP, GMP, cGMP, GXP, CDC, SDLC, Openlab, Nugenesis, Empower, LIMS, Electronic Laboratory Notebook, Pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, IT Software, Lab Informatics, Lab Information Systems
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.