Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist Biochemistry/EnzymologyDo you hold a strong background in Enzymology and Protein Biochemistry, with experience in areas of, or relating to, drug discovery? Do...
Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist - Biochemistry/Enzymology
Do you hold a strong background in Enzymology and Protein Biochemistry, with experience in areas of, or relating to, drug discovery? Do you have proven experience and expertise with enzyme reaction kinetics, equilibrium binding and association/disassociation kinetics?
My client based in Wiltshire is a fully integrated drug discovery and development Pharmaceutical organisation. Recently moving to a new facility, they are undergoing continued success, working on the development of small molecule protease inhibitors.
Currently seeking a Senior or Principal Scientist, the successful candidate will have a strong background in enzyme kinetics and will join a highly motivated and successful drug discovery team. The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Drive the development of novel assay methodologies for primary screening and selectivity profiling.
- Development, optimisation, validation and execution of biochemical assays on the interaction of recombinant proteins with small molecule inhibitors
- In depth mechanistic studies
- Work in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams, contributing to drug discovery projects across early development
- Mentoring of junior scientists within the team
- Oversee project delivery
Candidates will be considered from both academia and industry for this role, and your experience will include:
- PhD (or equivalent) in Biochemistry, Enzymology or related area (E)
- Strong Post-doctoral (academic or industry) in protease enzymology (E)
- Understanding of Enzymology, Protein Biochemistry and associated analytical techniques (E)
- Proven experience in enzyme kinetics, equilibrium binding and association/disassociation kinetics (E)
- An appreciation of wider areas including Pharmacology, Metabolism, Toxicology, Pharmacokinetics (D)
- Candidates must be willing to obtain full security clearance (E)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company with a strong technical leadership team; providing an opportunity to use and develop your technical expertise in the Pharmaceutical industry.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.