Senior R&D Chemist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring a proven background in product development and formulation of coatings, inks, adhesives or coated products, Experience...
Senior R&D Chemist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring a proven background in product development and formulation of coatings, inks, adhesives or coated products, Experience should be underpinned by a degree or higher qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar.
Title: Senior R&D Chemist
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading manufacturer of speciality coatings based in Cheshire. As a result of their continued success, they are now looking to hire a Senior R&D Chemist to join the technical team. The role will predominantly involve the development and formulation of new coating, inks and adhesive products tailored, to market and customer needs. The position would be well suited to an experienced chemist with a strong background in formulation chemistry, particularly with coatings, inks, printed products or adhesives.
Benefits: Exciting opportunity to take on a senior position in a small team, within a well-established company with an inclusive culture. 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Excellent pension scheme and competitive annual bonus. 37.5 working hours per week, worked 9am to 5pm with some flexibility on start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Developing new products and carrying out technical work on existing products
- Using a scientific and structured approach to solving technical problems
- Working with commercial teams to identify new opportunities, understand market needs and translate these into new product ideas
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with the process teams
- Ensuring manufacturing capability for new and improved products
- Overseeing production trials to troubleshoot and ensure 'right first time'
- Keeping up to date with competitor activity, market trends and product performance data
- Developing and implementing new tests as appropriate
- Developing collaborative working relationships with customers
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or related scientific discipline
- Proven industrial experience in formulation chemistry for coatings, inks or adhesives and developing new product in these areas
- Good understanding of application areas for speciality coatings, inks and adhesives
- Customer-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Pragmatic attitude with a focus on innovation
- Awareness costs and budgeting, project management skills and good attention to detail.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced R&D Chemist to join a dynamic R&D team in an industry-leading business.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: coating, coated, printing, ink, inks, adhesive, pigment, paper, film, speciality, laboratory, research and development, formulation, development, NPD, chemistry, polymer, technology,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.