Biological Manufacturing ScientistCompetitive Salary + Bonus + BenefitsLondon, UK Do you have exprience from within a Biological Production, Manufacturing or Process environment?Would you like to...
Scientist Synthetic Biologist/BiochemistStevenageCompetitive salary depended on experience
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Synthetic Biologist/Biochemist to join their team in Stevenage.
This is a highly practical role where you will be working primarily in the R&D laboratories as part of a multi-disciplinary team implementing enzyme based technologies into novel chemical processes. You will be tasked to advance the project through proof of concept phases to deliver an evaluation of potential for industrialisation of the project enzyme classes (methyl transferases and co-factor recycling).
Key job responsibilities:
- Develop procedures to express multiple enzymes in a single or multiple hosts using appropriate expression constructs
- Develop appropriate assays (e.g. UPLC, LC/MS) to detect reaction intermediates and products
- Characterise the techno-economic performance of the various recombinant enzymes and approaches
Key job requirements:
- PhD or equivalent in biochemistry or chemistry
- A strong knowledge of biochemical reactions and the application of analytical techniques to monitor these reactions is essential
- Demonstrated hands-on and practical ability in developing and using suitable analytical methods (UPLC, Optical fluorescent/absorbance assays etc)
- Experience in biotacatalysis and use of enzymes to carry out chemical reactions; experience in optimisation of enzymatic reactions is highly desirable
- Experience of expression of recombinant enzymes in bacterial systems is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in performing and developing enzymes assays to quantify enzyme activity (microtitre plate, HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS)
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your CV to
For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Umul on 0203 096 4529
Key words: biochemical reactions, biotacatalysis, enzymatic reactions, synthetic biology, recombinant enzymes, biochemistry
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.