Senior Scientist, Viral VectorsBased in London£40,000 £45,000 Do you have extensive experience with the upstream and downstream bioprocessing of Viral Vectors?Would you like to work...
Senior Scientist - Functional Genomics12 months Competitive salary
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Technology Development Scientist in the Functional Genomics (FGX) team in Cambridge.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team as a lab based scientist driving forward the next generation of pooled CRISPR libraries. You'll be applying your knowledge and expertise in cell biology to develop and validate novel CRISPR libraries that exploit latest developments within the field.
- To advance the state-of-the-art in pooled CRISPR screening by leading the establishment of novel pooled CRISPR libraries and assay platforms
- To proactively identify, develop and evaluate new methods and technologies to deliver process improvements to the pooled CRISPR screening workflow
- To implement novel high-throughput cloning technologies for the generation of state of the art pooled CRISPR libraries
- Contribute to defining the strategy for development and application of emergent pooled CRISPR libraries and assay platforms
- Ph.D in Biology, Molecular or Cell biology, Pharmacology or related discipline, or a BSc/MSc degree with significant relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Significant experience in advanced molecular biology techniques including cloning, qPCR, NGS, RNA and DNA analysis
- Good understanding of genetics and gene regulation. Experience of genome editing through the application of CRISPR/Cas.
- Experience of cell culture including a practical understanding of assay optimisation to enable generation of robust, reproducible and sensitive phenotypic assays
When joining this company, you will be actively contributing to developing an exciting portfolio of medicines that will change lives of patients worldwide.
To find out more, please apply online or send your CV directly to or give Umul a call on 0203 096 4529.
Key words: CRISPR, molecular biology, cloning, qPCR, NGS, RNA, DNA, CRISPR/cas, genome engineering
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.