Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a background in Chemistry and practical laboratory skills, gained either through industrial experience or education. Title:...
Multiple R&D Laboratory Technicians required for exciting new roles with dynamic life science company in Stirling
Title - R&D Laboratory Technician
Location - Stirling
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with a dynamic and growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire a number of talented and enthusiastic R&D Laboratory Technicians to undertake challenging and varied roles in their R&D function. Working as part of a small team the role would be suited to someone with laboratory experience and experience in handling clinical samples.
Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new dynamic environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
Role / Description
- Routine verification, calibration, maintenance and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Operate and run samples on company platform and appropriate reference systems.
- Ensure the laboratory environment is clean and tidy
- Receive, process, test, aliquot and store clinical samples including all sample information from clinical sites, also travelling to clinics when required
- Prepare buffer solutions as per agreed procedural specifications.
- Record and communicate experimental observations and recommendations to assay development team.
- Investigate non-conformances to ensure closure to agreed timelines.
- Draft new processes/procedures and complete COSHH assessments if and when required.
- Train other personnel on required procedures and ensure personal training up-to-date.
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory and customer requirements and work in conjunction with the quality policy and objectives.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a laboratory environment, handling clinical samples, ideally working in diagnostics
- You must be computer literate with excellent skills in data analysis and problem solving with good attention to detail
- You must have at least a basic knowledge of diagnostic assay technology
- Driving License is essential
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, technician, diagnostic, immunoassay, clinical sample, clinical analyser, clinic, IVD
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.