Colour Laboratory Technician required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring practical, industrial experience of formulation, colour-matching or quality control of inks, coatings, paints, pigments, dyes...
Colour Laboratory Technician required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring practical, industrial experience of formulation, colour-matching or quality control of inks, coatings, paints, pigments, dyes or colour dispersions
Title: Colour Laboratory Technician
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £20,000 - £22,500 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a global company with a dedicated team specialising in the production of colour products for the printing industry. As a result of continued growth, they are now looking for a new Colour Laboratory Technician to join the team at their laboratory in Greater Manchester. This role would be ideal for someone with some experience of working with colour products such as inks, coating, paints, pigments, dyes, masterbatch or colour dispersions in a laboratory environment.
Benefits: Permanent opportunity in a small but dynamic team support a global company. 37.5 working hours a week, 9.30am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday - with potential for overtime. Offering a company pension, 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days.
Role / Description
- Using visual and software-based colour matching skills to produce standards and samples for a variety of brands and printing processes
- Writing reports to document details of formulated standards
- Performing quality control of post print samples
- Presenting colour standards using standard pattern mounting techniques
- Stock control and purchasing of materials
- Packaging and despatch of colour standards to customers using necessary software
- Previous industrial experience of formulation, colour-matching or quality control of colour products, including coatings, inks, paints, pigments, dispersions, dyes, masterbatch, plastics or similar
- Experience using industry test methods and equipment, e.g X-Rite spectrophotometer or drawdown equipment
- Good colour vision
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and ask questions
This role would be a good opportunity for someone with a lab background in colour products to join a dynamic and growing global company.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: paint, coating, ink, plastic, polymer, dispersion, pigment, dyes, masterbatch, printing, colour, colour matching, XRite, X-Rite, spectrophotometer, color, formulation, formulating, colour assessment, drawdown
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.