Quality Control Manager for varied role required LancashireTitle Quality Control ManagerLocation LancashireSalary £40,000 £45,000SRG is working with a global leader in speciality polymer technologies....
Quality Control Manager for varied role required - Lancashire
Title Quality Control ManagerLocation LancashireSalary £40,000 - £45,000
SRG is working with a global leader in speciality polymer technologies. As a result of their continued success they are looking to hire an experienced Quality Control Manager to undertake a varied and challenging role in their well-established site. Reporting to the Site Manager, the role would be suited to someone with a good understanding of quality management systems, regulations and the chemical manufacturing industry. Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career, or maybe you are an established Quality Control Manager seeking a new challenge, either way we would like to hear from you.
Benefits:The company are offering a 35 hour working week Mon - Fri, 25 days holiday + Public holidays, Life Assurance, Pension scheme with up to 7% employer contribution and a genuine opportunity for development and skills enhancement in a role offering full autonomy within set parameters.The main purpose of this role is to maintain the site accreditation to ISO9001, maintain the company's quality procedures, standards and specifications. To ensure the smooth efficient running of the QC & Analytical laboratories. To manage and control the ERP business system data entry for items, BOM's, specifications. To manage environmental and occupational health monitoring work.
Role / Description
- Managing a team a QC Laboratory team
- Manage monthly QC meetings and annual reviews
- Ensure controls and documentation procedures are maintained.
- Ensure performance targets & KPIs are monitored by gathering relevant data and producing reports
- Set standards for quality and health & safety.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure business requirements are met.
- Liaise with external stakeholders on quality matters.
- Manage waste disposal requirements.
- Manage COSHH assessment system.
- Responsible for department budget.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous proven background in chemicals based environment. managing quality management systems working to ISO standards
- Knowledge and experience of waste regulations and requirements.
- Previous experience of leading and managing a team.
- Previous experience of QC and analytical laboratories.
- Experience of managing COSHH and waste.
- Experience of managing a department budget.
- Chemistry degree or equivalent required
- Project management experience would be advantageous.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Quality Control Manager, QMS, Quality Manager, Quality management, QSHE
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.