Stores SupervisorTemp contract 3 months (expected to extend)Leicestershire£9.00 £10.00 per hourContact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 My client provides essential products and research services for universities,...
Temp contract - 3 months (expected to extend)
£9.00 - £10.00 per hour
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456
My client provides essential products and research services for universities, governments, and other research organizations. They are committed to helping customers realize the full potential of their products and research which contribute to enhancing the lives of people and animals as well as protecting the environment.
- Organising a responsive, customer focused, well managed, cost effective and efficient stores operation
- Provide direction and supervision to Materials Management Assistants with attention towards productivity improvement and the management of non-productive activities
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of inventory under management
- Deliver a comprehensive service for goods receipt, material control, fulfilment and delivery to the correct departments
- Actively promote a safe working environment in accordance with the company's Health & Safety programme in all day to day activities
This job contributes to organizational success by:
- Organise and plan distribution of workload across the stores operations
- Maintain and develop good professional relationships with internal and external customers, procurement, quality, suppliers, couriers and regulatory authorities.
- Ensure that standing financial instructions and other policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Oversee data entry to update Inventory Management System on a daily basis.
- Receipt of deliveries to site from Clients, suppliers, re-stocking of inventory
- Issuing of stock/inventory and other deliveries to end users as required.
- Use of mechanical handling equipment as required (e.g. Pallet truck & Forklift - Licence permitting or training to be provided)
- Ensure that all stock levels for the Central and Maintenance stores items are maintained, whilst adhering to Economic Order Quantity strategy to minimise the cost to the company.
- Keep the stores areas in a clean and tidy fashion, to prevent any trip hazards and other health & safety issues.
- Previous experience in a similar role essential, along with some supervisory experienceCompetent in maths and English to GCSE level, (or with relevant work experience)
- MS office suite including Excel (intermediate) and Word
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred
- Effective communicator with good interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills
- The role would suit a person who would like to work in a fast paced environment and be part of a small professional team. For the right candidate, there would be the potential to develop their career with the opportunities provided by an employer with exciting growth prospects.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.