Production Chemist required, based in Lancashire. Requiring significant experience of product and process development within a chemical manufacturing environment. Experience should be underpinned by...
Production Chemist required, based in Lancashire. Requiring significant experience of product and process development within a chemical manufacturing environment. Experience should be underpinned by a scientific qualification and understanding of formulation and scale up.
Title: Production Chemist
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with a company specialising in the development and manufacture of additives and colour systems for an extensive range of polymer industries. As a result of a technical restructure, they have created a new position and now looking to hire a Production Chemist to provide the technical link between R&D, QC, and Production. This position would be suited to someone with considerable experience in product development, scale up and process troubleshooting and improvement.
Benefits: An independent and well-established business offering an opportunity to be the key technical link between laboratory and production. Offering 28 days' holiday allowance including bank holidays (increases with length of service) and pension scheme. 41 working hours per week, 7.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Thursday, 7.30am - 1pm on Fridays.
Role / Description
- Providing a technical liaison between R&D, QC and Production teams
- Supporting R&D with product development, formulation and colour matching to meet specifications
- Devising and validating new/improved process and test methods to assess processes
- Facilitating and conducting process trials at lab scale and full scale production trials, leading the scale up process
- Establishing optimum processing parameters, cost benefit and evaluating new/alternative equipment or materials to maximise yield and efficiency
- Supporting Production to resolve bottlenecks and technical problems affecting product quality and process efficiency
- Preparing and communicating various documentation for the resolution of problems, change of process conditions or materials and trial results and actions
- Initiating and generating ideas based on reading and research
- Significant, proven experience in product and process development, scale up and improvement in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (colour products advantageous)
- Proven track record in problem solving for the product development and production process
- Scientific qualification - minimum A Level/NVQ Level 3
- Good working knowledge of SOPs, H&S, Quality, ISO 9001 and ideally Lean and 5S techniques
- Strong, adaptable communication skills to facilitate interaction with various teams
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced chemist (or similar) with a proven background in R&D, scale up and production problem solving.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: manufacturing, plastic, polymer, colour, coating, paint, masterbatch, chemical, production, process, chemist, chemistry, troubleshooting, problem-solving, plant, scale-up, formulation, R&D, development, product development, process improvement, optimisation
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.