QC Analytical Senior Scientist required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow.Title QC Analytical Senior ScientistLocation GlasgowSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with an innovative...
QC Analytical Senior Scientist required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow.
Title - QC Analytical Senior Scientist
Location - Glasgow
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with an innovative and fast growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced QC Analytical Senior Scientist to work within their GMP facility. Ensuring the smooth introduction of new assays and processes into the Quality Control Analytical department and reporting into the QC Analytical Supervisor the role would be suited to someone with experience in cell based assays and molecular biology techniques.
Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
- Perform isolation and expansion of PBMCs in culture and cell based assays
- Provide specialist cell-based knowledge, practical expertise, troubleshooting skills and good time management ability
- Perform complex multicolour flow cytometry immunophenotyping assays with the ability to troubleshoot issues
- Perform multiplex qPCR assays and general cell culture and maintenance techniques for mammalian cell lines
- Analyse intermediate and final products in full compliance with the controlled methods and procedures to GMP requirements
- Liaise with 3rd party testing houses, arranging sample shipments and reviewing results against agreed criteria
- Assist in the control, receipt and release of raw materials, and final products to GMP requirements
- Where appropriate, analyse and evaluate methods, techniques, processes and equipment and develop and implement improvements or changes in order to maintain the highest levels of performance within the department
- Ensure equipment is calibrated and maintained in accordance with GMP quality systems. Be able to identify deviations and faults in instrument performance and determine an appropriate response to them
- Train and supervise both experienced and inexperienced members of staff so that technical knowledge and competence is communicated effectively. Where applicable, coach colleagues to ensure continuance of a high level of expertise
- Prepare and maintain documentation to appropriate quality standards, including, but not limited to standard operating procedures, specifications, study protocols and TSE evaluations
- Assist the line manager in analytical laboratory management activities including, but not limited to, cleaning and housekeeping, ordering of reagents and consumables, maintaining calibration and servicing records, ensuring equipment compliance and ensuring a clean, organised and smooth running working environment
- The successful candidate must have a degree in a relevant life science subject along with previous relevant experience, ideally in a GMP environment.
- You must have experience in mammalian cell culture, cell based assays, flow cytometry and molecular biology techniques - these skills are essential as is the ability to work under pressure and a "can do attitude".
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as having high attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: GMP, QC, Quality Control, mammalian cell culture, tissue culture, flow cytometry, FACS, PCR, QPCR, cell based assays, analytical
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.