This start-up is a life sciences company delivering human-focused research and discovery enabled by a unique and proven Organ-on-a-Chip platform. They are at the forefront...
This start-up is a life sciences company delivering human-focused research and discovery enabled by a unique and proven Organ-on-a-Chip platform. They are at the forefront of the rapidly growing field of human Organs-on-Chips thanks in part to being a successful co-recipient with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology $26M US Federal contract to develop the "Human Body-on-a-Chip": a tablet sized device incorporating ten miniature interacting human organs.
The company is accelerating its development of new Organs-on-Chips instruments and consumables for the life sciences and laboratory instrumentation markets. To achieve this, the company is strengthening its new in-house product development team, which will be supported by external development and manufacturing partners.
The company's new products will require development of a variety of software:
- Real-Time Embedded Control Software
- User Interface Software
- Communications Software (complying with industry connectivity standards)
Over time, this is likely to extend into the following additional areas:
- Cloud-based software solutions
- Smart Device applications
Qualifications - Bachelors Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or other closely related technical discipline.
Experience - Able to demonstrate track record of providing sustained senior level technical leadership for development of complex software-controlled electromechanical systems, satisfying demanding performance requirements and complying with standards controlling software development process and documentation. Experience of working with development partners will be an advantage.
Industries - Medical devices, diagnostics, laboratory instruments preferred. Will consider candidates from other industries required to provide similar rigour for development and volume manufacture of precision equipment of other kinds.
- Real-time embedded software development in C/C++ for 32-bit microcontrollers.
- User interface software development (including wire-framing and simulation).
- Real Time Operating Systems / Embedded Operating Systems
- Agile development processes - e.g. SCRUM, Kanban
Capabilities & Behaviours
- Presentation / Documentation Skills - Able to engage individuals and small groups using verbal, written and audio-visual material.
- Organization - Able to organize own work and shared working environment.
- Collaboration - Good interpersonal skills engaging with engineering, design, manufacturing, quality, bioengineering and biological teams.
- Problem Solving - Use logical and creative approaches to solve complex problems, demonstrating "can-do" attitude.
- Computing - Computer competency, including use of in-house software.
- Driving - Current UK driving licence.
- Travel - Willing and able to occasionally travel on business as required.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.