Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a background in Chemistry and practical laboratory skills, gained either through industrial experience or education. Title:...
Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a background in Chemistry and practical laboratory skills, gained either through industrial experience or education.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with an established manufacturer of polymer products for a range of applications including flooring, sealants, elastomers and coatings. As a result of their continued growth and success, they are now looking for a Laboratory Technician to support quality control and product development in the lab. This position would be well suited to an individual with a Chemistry background and practical wet chemistry skills, gained from either university or an industrial environment.
Benefits: Varied role with good prospects to progress over time and get involved in a range of projects. Offering 25 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Working hours of 34.5 hours per week, worked between 7.30am and 4pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 1pm finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
- QC testing raw materials and finished products using wet chemistry techniques, including Karl Fischer titration, viscometry, density testing and specific gravity
- Accurately recording results and inputting data into SAP
- Determining necessary changes for batches to meet specifications
- Assisting in the formulation and development of new products
- Maintaining QC equipment
- Preparing daily manifests and distributing batch sheets and delivery notes
- Preparing and compiling Certificates of Analysis for customers
- Preparing paperwork for Hazardous Goods dispatch
- Good, practical wet chemistry skills gained from either education or industrial lab experience
- Any experience with polymer products, polyurethanes or epoxies would be considered advantageous
- Adaptable communication skills and lots of enthusiasm
- High attention to detail and a hands on attitude
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with some laboratory experience and good wet chemistry skills to learn new skills and develop a career with a small but thriving company in West Yorkshire.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, wet chemistry, Karl Fischer, titration, density, viscosity, polymer, adhesive, adhesives, binder, sealant, coating, polyurethane, polyurethanes, urethanes, epoxy, epoxies, resin, resins, QC, quality control, formulation
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.