Development Project Manager required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemistry or similar, with proven experience in the...
Development Project Manager required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemistry or similar, with proven experience in the development of polymer additives. Experience and knowledge of additive compounding, extrusion equipment or blown film would also be considered highly advantageous.
Title: Development Project Manager
Employment Term: Permanent
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £42,000 - £54,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals and materials for application in a wide range downstream products and processes. As a result of unprecedented growth, they are now looking to hire an experienced Development Project Manager to oversee and support product development, technical service projects and sample dispatch. The position would be well suited to an individual with experience in the development and manufacture of polymer additives, inorganic additives or polymer film manufacture.
Benefits: Newly created opportunity to lead a small team work in a well-established company who invest significantly in employee welfare and professional development. 30 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Opportunities to travel, company pension scheme, enhanced sick pay and salary sacrifice benefits scheme. 37.5 working hours per week, 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Organising, undertaking and reporting on key product development and technical service projects
- Assisting in the coordination and execution of new product pilot and plant-scale manufacturing trials
- Supervising and supporting the project work of up to 2 technical staff
- Manage safety related activities in the laboratory
- Assisting in the further development of internal technical capability, specifically with regard to polymer extrusion and polymer additives
- Developing lab facilities further to serve the wider business
- Providing technical support to customer technical and commercial visits in Europe and overseas as required.
- Minimum BSc in Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemistry or similar
- Proven experience in the development of polymer additives, polymer films, extrusion equipment or blown film
- Good people management skills
- Able to manage and undertake multiple technical projects simultaneously
- Focus on safety with a strong work ethic with strong project management and leadership skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced scientist or chemist with relevant experience to drive product development and provide technical support in a key business area for a successful multi-national company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: materials science, polymer, polymer science, chemistry, chemist, scientist, polymer, silica, film, additive, block, inorganic, polyolefin, polyester, polyamide, PET, polyethylene, polythene, polypropylene, blown film
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.