Research Scientist required for exciting new position with health product manufacturer in EdinburghTitle Research ScientistLocation EdinburghSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with a health product manufacturer as...
Research Scientist required for exciting new position with health product manufacturer in Edinburgh
Title - Research Scientist
Location - Edinburgh
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with a health product manufacturer - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced Research Scientist to work within their facility in Edinburgh. Being responsible for performing research into developing new products as well as project planning. the role would be suited to someone with a PhD and experience in molecular biology techniques, microbiology and ideally cell culture.
Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
- Take part in planning and implementation of projects to develop products, including establishing procedures and protocols.
- Ensure successful tech transfer of products into Development.
- Design and implement experiments to achieve objectives.Be responsible for data recording and summarising, ensuring accuracy and integrity.
- Assist in the completion of reports and updates.
- Assist in the implementation of Quality standards in the laboratory.
- The successful candidate must have a PhD degree in a relevant life science subject along with previous relevant experience.
- You must have extensive experience in molecular biology techniques, microbiology and ideally mammalian cell culture as well as flexibility and the ability to develop new protocols.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as being self motivated with strong problem solving skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: mammalian cell culture, tissue culture, PCR, molecular biology, microbiology, R&D, product development, project
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.