Job Title: Laboratory TechnicianLocation: RoystonContract: Initially 6 month contractPay: Competitive rate + shift upliftOur client, a large international and world leading company in catalyst and...
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Contract: Initially 6 month contract
Pay: Competitive rate + shift uplift
Our client, a large international and world leading company in catalyst and automotive pollution control are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join their Quality Control Laboratory Team. The QC Laboratory provides support to their three production facilities on a shift basis testing the catalytic converters during and after the manufacture process to ensure that the components are present and at the right consistency. This will involve the use of XRF & ICP-AES Instrumentation as well as classical wet chemical techniques. This is a shift based role working on a rotating weekdays shift-pattern across earlies (6:00-14:15), lates (14:00-22:15) and nights (22:00-6:15).
- Analysis of raw materials, process samples and finished products using a variety of analytical instrumentation including XRF, ICP-AES and classical wet chemical techniques.
- Ensure that samples are always analysed according to their priorities.
- Revise any analytical data prior to submission to customers (internal and external).
- Comply with all laboratory procedures and ensure good laboratory practices are observed at all times.
- HND or degree qualification in Chemisty or a related Scientific discipline.
- ICP and XRF knowledge is desirable but not essential.
- Team working skills with a proactive approach to achieving excellent quality standards.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate seeking their first role in industry. To find out more, please apply online with your most up-to-date CV, or alternatively contact me via email at , or via telephone on 0161 868 2234.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.