Quality Control (QC) Validation Scientist / Senior Scientist required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in GlasgowTitle QC Validation Scientist / Senior ScientistLocation GlasgowSalary...
Senior Scientist, Viral Vectors
Based in London
£40,000 - £45,000
Do you have extensive experience with the upstream and downstream bioprocessing of Viral Vectors?
Would you like to work for a leading organisation researching and developing Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs)?
My client, based in London, are specialists in the Research, Development and Commercialisation of Advanced therapy medicinal products, working with Biotechnology and Biopharmaceutical companies to translate early stage research into quality, commercially viable, scalable and investable therapies. They attract leading scientists from around the world, to join their R&D department, which boasts state of the art laboratories and facilities supporting Gene Therapy & Cell Therapy development and industrialisation.
Due to continued growth they are looking to hire a Senior Viral Vector Scientists to provide expertise in the execution of viral vector industrialisation projects. The Senior Scientist will ensure the viral vector strategy focuses on the use of industrial bioprocessing techniques such as bioreactors and chromatography, to ensure supply of these critical materials for in vivo and ex vivo cell therapies.
Key Responsibilities of the Role will include;
- Delivery of viral vector process and analytical development projects through technical oversight of project, working with the Lead Scientist on experimental design and execution.
- Particular focus upon downstream process operations, including unit operations from harvest to final fill
- Assist with costing of proposals for partners and support of Business Development function during new project scoping by providing technical support activities.
- Strong interaction with the Tech Transfer function and Project Managers to enable the development and tech transfer of viral vector processes.
- Strong Interaction with academic and industry based groups to provide engineering solutions for vector cell line development, upstream and downstream bioprocessing
- Generating manufacturing and development protocols in relation in vivo and ex vivo gene therapy products to support technology development and regulatory submissions
- Author GM Risk Assessments when requested and support GMSO.
To be considered you will need the following skills and experience;
- Upstream and downstream bioprocessing of viral vectors including viral vector biology and cell line development.
- Working with GMP regulations to manufacture viral vectors, cell therapies or other biologics.
- Cell culture of human and/or mammalian cell lines is essential.
- Experience of viral vectors used in the ex vivo and in vivo modification of products is essential.
- Experience in use of a QMS is highly desirable.
- Development of analytical assays suitable for use as characterisation, QC release methods and in-process controls is desirable.
- Tech transfer to/from commercial and research organisations is desireable.
- Writing and carrying out GMP production protocols is desirable.
- Excellent Communication skills, ability to deliver on agreed commercial objectives and working collaboratively both internally & externally is essential
Key Words "Viral Vector, GMP, Commercialisation, Industrialisation, Senior Scientist, Bioprocess, Cell Therapy, ATMP, Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products, mammalian cell culture, biopharmaceutical, biologics, R&D, Research and Development"
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.