Process Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring proven background in process chemistry and experience of conducting experiments at pilot scale. Title: Process Chemist...
Process Chemist required, based in Yorkshire. Requiring significant knowledge and experience in azo dye chemistry.
Title: Process Chemist
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a globally successful company who develop and manufacture speciality colour products. They are now looking for a Process Chemist to join the R&D Team in leading product development and troubleshooting scale up, process and production issues. This role would be well suited to an experienced chemist, with strong knowledge and experience of azo dye chemistry and related products.
Benefits: Opportunity to lead a small team in a highly successful company, with a collaborative and progressive culture. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days, pension scheme, company bonus scheme. 35 working hours, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Working closely with the Production Manager to troubleshoot scale up and plant process issues
- Leading R&D function in the design and development of new products or modifications for existing products
- Monitoring existing plant processes by implementing appropriate test procedures
- Analysis of production data and testing of raw materials to inform development and manufacturing processes
- Conducting formulation work as necessary to support product development and improvement
- Monitoring and recording key processing information and liaising with plant and laboratory teams on a daily basis.
- Further developing and refining existing plant process to improve robustness and consistency of processing in collaboration with plant and laboratory teams
- Involvement with the technical and commercial functions of the wider business
- Proven knowledge and experience of azo dye chemistry
- Demonstrable experience of lab-based development or process troubleshooting/improvement
- Excellent, adaptable communication skills
- Able to prioritise, adapt and work effectively to changing demands and deadlines
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong technical experience with azo dyes to lead a small team in development and internal technical support.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: azo dye, organic dye, colour, R&D, development, process, production, troubleshooting, diazo, triazo, colour products, diazotisation
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.