Do you have experience of working in a quality capacity in a manufacturing environment? A local safety manufacturer as seeking a Quality Engineer to join...
Do you have experience of working in a quality capacity in a manufacturing environment? A local safety manufacturer as seeking a Quality Engineer to join their team in Skelmersdale.
Working a day shift, you will be responsible for leading process improvements, dealing with customer complaints and leasing with suppliers on quality issues.
- Collaborating with teams
- Good Oral and written communication skills
- Managing improvement projects
- Interpreting technical drawings
- Customer focused
- Familiarity with quality tools, techniques and procedures (FMEA, Auditing, 8D, SPC etc.)
- Problem solving
- Working under pressure
- Literate in information technology packages
- Presentation and listening skills
- Being analytical and creative
- Managing numeric information
- Being thorough and professional
- Meeting deadlines and multitasking
- Job Responsibilities
- Investigating and responding to customer complaint issues
- Investigating and responding to supplier issues
- Reviewing operating processes and developing improvements
- Coordinate the implementation of preventative/corrective actions where necessary
- Participate in continuous improvement projects as needed, analysing data to substantiate changes
- Supporting New Product Introduction activities
- Performing training and development exercises (self & others)
- Informing the management team about performance
- Supporting Senior Quality Engineer, coordinating department activities when SQE absent
- Reporting on Quality Measurement Indices
- Attending regular meetings as required
- Auditing (internal and supplier, as required)
- Higher qualification (HND, Degree or equivalent) in a technical discipline such as quality, mechanical, or manufacturing engineering
- Proven experience within a quality or technical role
If you're interested in this position, apply today!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.