Scientific Project Lead for Facilities lab specialised in Genomics analysisRole Type: PermanentSalary: £30,000 £48,000Location: NorfolkKey Skills: Project management, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and other sequencing...
Senior Scientist - Translation Genomics 12 months Cambridge
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Senior Scientist - Translation Genomics to join them at their site in Cambridge. The role will be primarily laboratory based and you will be responsible for supporting the droplet digital PCR (ddPCR) and also have the opportunity to contribute to Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) work in the team.
- Processing and extraction of nucleic acids from clinical samples (plasma and fixed tissues), quantitation and QC
- Generate genomics data (ddPCR and NGS) from above.
- Contribute to maintenance and development of our internal genomics capabilities and development of new biomarker assays as required
- Draw up SOPs and analytical work-plans to support new exploratory biomarker analyses on clinical trial samples
- Ph.D in Biology, Molecular or Cell biology, Pharmacology or related discipline, or a BSc/MSc degree with significant relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience of developing and running genomic assays using digital PCR (especially the Bio-Rad QX100 or QX200 platforms)
- Experience of working with DNA/RNA from human clinical materials such as formalin fixed paraffin-embedded tissues and plasma (circulating free DNA/cfDNA).
- Experience of developing and running mutation and/or copy number assays on the above platforms. This includes assay design, ordering, assay optimisation/redesign to maximise sensitivity and allelic discrimination.
- Hands-on laboratory experience preparing sequencing libraries and running NGS platforms
- Experience of assay development for NGS platforms
- Experience of working with laboratory automation / liquid handling systems
This is a great opportunity to progress your career into the clinical development and to play a key role in the execution of studies that will change the lives of patients' worldwide.
To find out more, please apply online or send your CV to directly to or give Umul a call on 0203 096 4529.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.