QA TechnicianWest MidlandsPermShifts 2 days on, 2 nights on, 4 days off£27,966Contact Andrew to register an interest or apply: 0121 728 8456My client is a...
Shifts - 2 days on, 2 nights on, 4 days off
Contact Andrew to register an interest or apply: 0121 728 8456
My client is a manufacturer of instant dry powders for the food & beverage industry; supplying major retailers, co-food manufacturers, food service customers and brand owners. The site has a number of processing capabilities and is a real market leader.
The QA Technician is responsible for monitoring the manufacturing processes to ensure that products comply with reference standards or specifications, by way of organoleptic, physical or chemical testing. The role holder will need to ensure that a high level of technical integrity is maintained with regard to product safety, legality and quality.
Job Function / Responsibilities:
- Carry out testing of products including organoleptic evaluation against reference samples, chemical and physical testing using both internal and external testing facilities.
- Carry out GMP & fabrication audits, hygiene swabbing and internal audits etc. as per the relevant schedules.
- Assist in the prompt investigation of customer complaints.
- Assist in collating of routine samples for submitting for laboratory analysis, and ensure samples are uploaded on to laboratory portals.
- Compiling and verifying external test results.
- Compiling and verifying finished goods retained samples.
- Conducting start and end of life shelf life evaluations.
- Other relevant duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Relevant food industry experience or qualification in relevant subject area i.e. Food Science, Food technology.
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- Internal auditor training.
- Previous experience in a Quality role working within a food manufacturing / processing environment
- Computer literate on MS Word, Excel.
- Aware of food legislation, GMP and Health & Safety.
- Taste panel & sensory analyses - functionality/perception (advantageous)
- Understanding of Food Safety.
- Results orientated & highly motivated.
- Organisational skills.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.