SRG are currently recruiting for a R&D Chemist for a cleaning chemical manufacturer based in Derbyshire. This is a permanent role with a competitive salary,...
£20,000 - £23,000
SRG are currently recruiting for an exciting site chemist for our industry leading waste management client.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the weighbridge including control of vehicle access & driver induction and that all administrative checks on statutory or procedural paperwork are correct and carried out on arrival and departure. Ensuring any incoming Non Conforming tankers are immediately reported to Bulk Enquiry Team and Plant Chemists
- Ensure that a comprehensive pre-acceptance analysis is carried out on all sales samples and that enquiries are delivered within the targeted timescale.
- To assist the plant chemists with sample and analysis.
- Ensure that waste acceptance and verification analysis is carried out on all bulk loads on arrival and drum samples as requested. Provide support analysis for chemists as and when requested.
- Ensure that compliance testing of process outputs is carried out in accordance with company procedures with limits met or non-conformances reported.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in all areas and ensure any housekeeping activities are carried out in an effective and timely manner.
- Assist site management in the maintenance of Risk and COSHH Assessments for activities and materials handled in the laboratory.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and that all laboratory records are maintained, current and fully traceable in line with statutory requirements and company procedures.
- Chemistry or chemical engineering degree, or related subject
- IT literate - use of Microsoft office
- Practical understanding of a wide range of analytical methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of chemical hazards and CoSHH
- Analytical with the ability to measure & monitor data and take appropriate action.
- Organised with the ability to simplify complex issues.
- Communicate at all levels, verbally and written
- A natural problem solver who always considers health and safety
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.