Protein Biochemist Full time permanent positionOxfordshireCompetitive salaries dependant on experienceAre you experience in working with proteins and have a solid understanding of protein purification up...
Protein Biochemist - Full time permanent positionOxfordshireCompetitive salaries dependant on experienceAre you experience in working with proteins and have a solid understanding of protein purification up to crystallography purity? Do you have a working knowledge of purification of endogenous or recombinant membrane proteins and want to use this ability in a commercial drug discovery biotechnology organisation? My client is looking for suitably qualified protein biochemists to join an exciting start-up company in Oxford.The successful candidate
- You will be PhD educated in biochemistry or a related discipline
- You will have experience in protein expression ideally in mammalian systems with a particular emphasis on membrane proteins or examples of difficult to purify proteins
- You will understand the use of different lysis buffers to purify out different cell fractions including membrane fractions
- You will have a strong knowledge of protein purification for downstream processes such as crystallography or mass spec analysis
- Based in new laboratory facilities in Oxford you will form part of a larger team with the common goal of finding novel drug candidates
- You will liaise with mass spec teams to identify drug candidates and how then interact with protein / receptor targets
- You will use your experience of expressing and purifying both endogenous and recombinant proteins to aid the target discovery process
- You will aid in method development for expression and purification of proteins/receptors and develop SOPs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified scientist to begin a career in industry. To discuss this role further and informally please call Dr. Oliver Sampson on 0121 7288454 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.