Job Title: Group Leader Bioscience Technology PlatformsLocation: BerkshireContract: PermanentSalary: Competitive + Full Benefits SchemeSRG are currently working in collaboration with a leading organisation in the...
Job Title: Bioscience Research Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 Months
Salary: £18.52 an hour
SRG are working with an agrochemical company based in Berkshire producing a range of crop protection products such as fungicides, herbicides and insecticides.
They are currently seeking a Research Scientist to join their Biostress Biology team in their chemical genomic studies and biotechnology projects.
The successful candidate will employ a range of molecular biology techniques in fungal genetics projects, developing new assays including forward and reverse genetic methods.
- Generate new constructs to support fungal genetic studies
- Run developed assays and develop new assays in genetic molecular biology
- Genetic screening including UV-Vis selection of novel lines
- Degree in Molecular Biology or a relevant scientific subject
- Postgraduate experience within a molecular based lab (in academia or industry)
- Expertise in genetic molecular biology techniques including cloning, PCR, DNA extraction and bioinformatics tools
- Experience using fungal systems (filamentous, yeast, oomycetes)
- Assay development experience
Apply online today. For more information on the role and the application process contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.