Title Analytical Chemist Organics Location Cheshire Salary £18,000 £22,000SRG are working with a specialist analytical laboratory who are going through a period of expansion due...
Title Analytical Chemist - Organics Location Cheshire Salary £18,000 - £22,000
SRG are working with a specialist analytical laboratory who are going through a period of expansion due to continued success. Currently in the process of moving to a new modern facility in the Cheshire area as part of ongoing expansion plans, they are looking for an Analytical Chemist to join their growing Organics team.
Benefits: This is an excellent opportunity for a recently graduated chemist with hands on experience of organic analysis or for somebody in their first role to join a continuously expanding company that can offer genuine opportunities for development & progression.
Other benefits include:
- A contributory pension Scheme
- Life assurance & private medical insurance schemes
- 31 days holiday (rising with service)
- Regular training and personal development.
Role / Description
- Preparation and analysis of Organic samples using techniques such as GC-FID / Headspace.
- Assisting with analytical method development & validation.
- Detailed record keeping and generation of client reports.
- General lab maintenance
Working Hours: 08:00 - 16:30
- A degree or equivalent qualification / experience in Chemistry or a related field.
- Previous hands on experience using GC / GC-FID / GCMS - Ideally in an industrial laboratory.
- Experience of method development / validation or in troubleshooting and maintaining analytical equipment would be highly desirable but not essential as training can be given.
- Diligent, with a keen eye for detail
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV ..For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Analyst, Analytical, Chemistry, Organic, GC, GCMS, GC-FID
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.