Job Title: Crystal Scientist Location: Bracknell, Berkshire Contract: 8 Months Salary: £14.42 an hour, negotiable Are you an experienced chemist with a good understanding...
Job Title: Crystal Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 8 Months
Salary: £14.42 an hour, negotiable
Are you an experienced chemist with a good understanding of solid-state chemistry seeking an exciting opportunity to contribute to product design in industry?
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company who are seeking a Crystal Scientist to join their Particle Science Group. The successful candidate will use a variety of crystallisation techniques on small-molecule active ingredients to discover new solid states.
The work will include physical and chemical characterisation to determine the physical form of a range of active ingredients with responsibilities including the following:
- Plan and carry out laboratory work to meet project targets
- Physical and chemical characterisation of small molecule active ingredients using crystallisation and thermal techniques including DSC, TGA and PXRD
- Process and interpret results, recording work in electronic lab
- Carry out literature and database searches to assist in the design of experimental work programmes
- Educated ideally to PhD level in Solid-State Chemistry or Materials Science
- Ability to design and conduct laboratory experiments with minimal supervision
- Experience with crystallisation and characterisation techniques such as PXRD, TGA, DSC, Raman microscopy, GC and LC
- Effective communication skills, including presentation of data
Don't miss out on this opportunity! Apply online today or email your CV . For more information on the role or about the application process call Tolu on 0161 868 2248.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.