Technical Project Manager North East Salary DOE An innovative Biotechnology company based in the North East are looking to recruit a Technical Project Manager to...
37.5 Hours per week
Up to 60K
Please contact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456
My client are a leading manufacturing and innovator of medical devices, and their products offer solutions to life-saving medical care. We are recruiting for a quality officer to assist with their workload and plans going forward.
You have overall responsibility for delivering and hands on manage one or more projects to agreed time, cost and quality, controlling any changes to scope, deliverables and delivery strategy.You liaise and negotiate with sales, customers, product marketing, operations, industrialisation, R&D and other key stakeholders in order to maximise the delivery efficiency and rewards from your projects and to map out and gain buy in for the delivery strategy and plan for your project(s).
- Ownership of the overall delivery of your programme:
- Leading from the front, do whatever it reasonably takes to ensure delivery of your project(s), to time cost and quality targets whilst also ensuring support of all associate colleagues in the delivery of their programmes, projects and other activities and maintaining full compliance with Quality Management Systems, Project Governance Processes, company strategic objectives and customer agreements.
- Establish and agree the complete project scope and strategy ensuring that it equates to any related commercial agreement(s).
- Working with the team and other key stakeholders, develop and manage a live and up to date Project plan for all project activities.
- Negotiate and agree, contract resource allocation to your project(s) and contract your planned activities with the assigned resource.
- Maintain overall delivery responsibility for all aspects of your project including responsibility to ensure that contracted activities are completed to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Ensure technical oversight arrangements are agreed and enacted with departmental / resource managers. Ensure pro-active technical escalation by the team.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments and work with key stakeholders including quality, R&D and your customer(s) to map the most efficient regulatory route.
- Establish, maintain and adhere to milestone trackers and associated cost schedules and ensure that project costs (including hours) are accurately forecast, captured in a timely manner and passed to the account manager.
- Motivate the project team to achieve overall project needs, targets and deadlines.Set up and control Issue Logs and Action Logs. Proactively manage project risks and contingency, working with the project team and other stakeholders to develop and enact recovery plans where required.
- Liaise closely with the relevant Commercial and Account Manager(s) and attend client meetings, telephone calls and presentations as and where reasonably required. Organise, chair and minute internal and client project review meetings and Design Review meetings as required.
- No direct reports, but day to day leadership of project team as described above and escalation to Departmental Managers when necessary. Supervision of assigned project management support associates on a day to day basis.
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Comprehensive experience of project management
- Repeat experience of managing complex industrialisation / scale up projects preferably in a regulated environment (ideally medical devices) and preferably in a plastic moulding and automated assembly environment.
- Demonstrated impeccable customer relations, negotiation and interpersonal relationship building expertise.
- Strong commercial acumen with an understanding of project contracts.
- Equally comfortable working through a technical challenge with the design, engineering or manufacturing teams, as you are negotiating project deliverables with sales and marketing and customer and presenting to customers and the executive.
- Very strong planning, organisational and problem solving skills. Ability to juggle multiple workstreams and sub-projects.
- You know that project delivery is as much about people as it is about process, you have gravitas and excellent interpersonal skills, your stakeholder and delivery teams respect you and you know how to bring a diverse team together, how to motivate them and how to make the team experience enjoyable whilst repeatedly delivering on time, cost and quality.
- Previous experience in medical devices (preferable) or experience of delivering projects in a regulated environment.
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing scale up environment.
- Experience of managing projects within project governance processes.
- Highly computer literate - Excel/Word/Office
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline
- Flexibility in hours including the possibility of evening customer calls
- Willingness to travel from time to time
- Communication skills - ability to communicate and report effectively at all levels
- Presentation skills - ability to communicate clearly and explain where required
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.