Research Scientist Surfaces and BiointerfacesCambridgeshireExcellent salary and company benefitsAn excellent opportunity to join a growing R&D team based in Cambridgeshire.In this new role, you will...
Research Scientist in Electrochemical Sensors
£25,000 - £30,000 + Benefits
Based in London and Hertfordshire
Do you have experience in electrochemical sensors and / or nanomaterial synthesis?
Would you like to work for a leading consultancy?
My client is a UK based commercially focused consultancy, which addresses technical problems from industry utilising world class technology and expertise. They provide experienced project management and client facing business development to ensure projects are run on time and to budget. They have strong relationships with and a rapidly expanding portfolio of clients from a variety of sectors; these include biotechnology, defence, electronics, pharmaceutical, med-tech and cleantech. My client has a strong internal technology and product development program and are the first consultancy in Europe to focus on the increasingly important intersection between biotechnology and nanotechnology.
We are looking for a full-time Research Scientist role in Electrochemical Sensors to work within the product development team across several collaborative projects. The post-holder will join a highly motivated group working to develop innovative and award winning testing products in food, environment and global-health application areas.
The role would suit a graduate (Bachelors or Masters Degree) or an experienced scientist, in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Material Science or Bioengineering, where laboratory skills were practically applied, including development of electrochemical sensors or nanomaterials. Confidence in working in a busy, business-focussed environment with highly-skilled and motivated individuals, coupled with the ability to handle pressure on occasions is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A laboratory based position requiring design, fabrication and characterisation of electrical and optical sensors
- Undertake experimental work as planned with the project manager and team leader
- Identify and develop suitable techniques for the collection and analysis of data relevant to the project aims
- Maintain accurate and complete records, ensuring the validity and reliability of data
- Travel, as required, for meetings with collaborators, to conduct field trials, and to attend project progress meetings
- Contribute to the drafting and submitting of papers to peer reviewed journals and patent applications
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- BSc or MSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Material Science or Bioengineering
- A laboratory-based research project which demonstrated competency of relevant laboratory skills is essential
- Ideally experience in electrochemical sensors or nanomaterial synthesis
- Ideally applicants will have experience in sensor design, fabrication and characterisation
- Experience in enzyme biosensors will be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise work on own initiative and prioritise own work in response to deadlines
- Willingness to work as part of a team and to be open-minded and cooperative
Key Words "Graduate, Materials Scientist, Chemist, Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Electrochemical sensors, Nanomaterials, Biosensor, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Laboratory, R&D, Product Development"
Please apply online with your latest CV.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.