Graduate Analytical Scientist required, based in Cheshire East. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or other relevant scientific discipline and experience of using FTIR and Mass...
Analytical Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring demonstrable experience of analysis using LC-MS or GC-MS, as well as maintenance and troubleshooting knowledge. Experience of water or environmental analysis would be highly beneficial.
Title: Analytical Chemist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £21,000 - £27,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Employment Term: Permanent
SRG is working with an increasingly successful business who specialise in technologies for water treatment. As a result of impending maternity leave, they are now looking to hire an experienced Analytical Chemist to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will involve conducting analysis on water samples, predominantly using coupled chromatography techniques. The position would be well suited to someone with experience in water or environmental analysis and hands-on experience using Liquid or Gas Chromatography conjunction with mass spectrometry (LC-MS or GC-MS), as well as practical knowledge of troubleshooting or maintaining this instrumentation.
Benefits: Fast-growing company with an inclusive and innovative culture - Initial 6 month contract with very good potential to extend. Training provided along with 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Company pension scheme, life assurance and subsidised gym on site. Working hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, with some flexibility on start/finish times.
Role / Description
- Analysis of water samples using LC-MS, GC-MS, HPLC, GC-FID, TOC, UV-spectrophotometer
- Managing the throughput and prioritisation of samples
- Performing maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation to minimise downtime
- Method validation and method development as required
- Learning and understanding the technology to be able to make informed judgements
- Conducting small scale product trials and experiments on water samples as required
- Processing, interpretation and reporting of analytical results and trial results
- Sample preparation where required.
- Proven, hands-on laboratory experience of analysis using LC-MS or GC-MS instrumentation
- Maintenance and/or troubleshooting skills also required
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or relevant discipline
- Recent or soon-to-be PhD graduate will also be considered
- Experience of water analysis or environmental analysis would be considered highly advantageous
- Excellent organisation skills, able to adapt according to priorities
- Willing to take initiative and work independently, whilst demonstrating strong team spirit
This role would be a brilliant opportunity for a talented Analytical Chemist to join an innovative company in a role with very good long term potential.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: LC, GC, LC-MS, GC-MS, gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, water analysis, environmental testing, environmental analysis, water samples, waste water. laboratory, contract testing, chemistry, analysis, chemist, analytical, troubleshooting, maintenance, analyst, method development
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.