Head of Project Management (PMO)Permanent full time positionCompetitive salary dependant on experienceWest Midlands based
Are you an experienced project manager who has had significant influence over the organisation or direction of the project management team/office within your current organisation? My client is a multi-national biotechnology company looking to set-up a dedicated PMO with scope to have significant influence over project management at the company. You should have experience in either setting up a project management office or having a significant influence over reorganization or restructuring of a project management office. This is an exciting opportunity to take up a new position within a large biotechnology company with a very healthy and ground breaking pipeline.
The Successful candidate
- You will have significant experience in project management
- You will ideally have a life sciences background although experience from other sectors will also be considered
- You will have either set-up a project management office or have had significant input in the reorganisation or restructuring.
- You will have excellent management experience
- You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- You will have experience of Lean / Six Sigma
- You will have some relevant project management qualifications such as PMP, P3M3, CAPM, PRINCE 2, CSM etc.
- Based in the West Midlands with occasional (approximately 10%) travel to Europe or the USA
- Your primary responsibility will be to set up a PMO from scratch with support from two junior members of staff currently taking on some responsibility for this
- You will initially build a team around you - the structure of which will be yours to define with relevant justification for posts
- You will proactively identify risks and opportunities for both business and technical plans
- You will identify and write PMO office competencies and training in line with the PMO framework
To discuss the company, its requirements and the role further, please call Oliver on 0121 7288454
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.