Development Project Manager required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemistry or similar, with proven experience in the...
Product Development Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester - North. Requiring a proven background in the polymer product development, ideally epoxy resins, composites, acrylates, polyurethanes, elastomers or polyester polyols.
Title: Product Development Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester - North
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a highly successful and globally renowned company who manufacture and innovate polymer materials for a huge range of industries and applications. As a result of bold growth plans, they are now looking for a Product Development Chemist to join the team at their facility in Greater Manchester. The role will predominantly involve driving new product development projects using innovative materials, processes and testing. It would be well suited to someone with a strong background in the development of polymer materials, plastics or composites, with good knowledge of associated additives.
Benefits: 39 working hours, worked 8am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday with a 3.30pm finish on Fridays. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days. Excellent pension scheme and company bonus.
Role / Description
- Utilising existing knowledge and new research to design and facilitate the development of new polymer products, materials or processes to meet project specifications
- Modifying existing material formulations to meet requirements
- Undertaking materials testing during product development qualification.
- Collating, recording and analysing material data gathered from development projects.
- Supporting QC with in-line materials testing as required
- Developing technical relationships with suppliers, universities, external test facilities and technology partners.
- Fully documenting all developments and processes with accurate formulation and process records.
- Providing detailed technical instructions, SOPs and production methods to Production team
- Supporting scale up of projects to full scale and market production
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or Materials Science
- Proven, hands-on experience developing polymer products, plastics or composite materials and providing technical support
- Experience with epoxy resins, cellular-based composites, acrylates, polyurethanes, elastomers, or polyester polyols would be considered highly advantageous
- Strong understanding of polymer systems and technology, including processing equipment
- Familiarity with material test methods, e.g. DMA, TGA, DSC
- Demonstrable ability to work in a fast-paced R&D environment, on multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective and adaptable communication skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: polymer, chemistry, materials, epoxy, epoxies, resins, composites, acrylates, polyurethanes, elastomers, polyester polyols, NPD, product development, laboratory, TGA, DMA, DSC, filler, carbon nanotube, low density, formulation, polymeric, polymer science, materials science
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.