Fluorine Chemist required, based in the North West. Requiring a PhD in Chemistry with proven skills and experience in fluorine technology, direct fluorination of...
Regulatory Affairs Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry and chemical industry experience, alongside understanding of quality standards, technical documentation and any knowledge of chemical regulation.
Title: Regulatory Affairs Chemist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Term: 12 month contract (covering maternity leave)
SRG is working exclusively with a family-run business specialising in the manufacture of hygiene chemicals. With a staff member currently on maternity leave, they are now looking to recruit a Regulatory Affairs Chemist to join the technical team on a 12 month contract. The role will be predominantly desk-based, creating and managing technical and regulatory documentation. It would suit an experienced Chemist who is perhaps looking to move away from the lab but still contribute in a technical capacity.
Benefits: A supportive and successful company offering an opportunity with full training and potential for extension beyond initial 12 months. 37.5 working hours a week, 9am-5pm with some flexibility on start/finish times. Company-enhanced pension, 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days and a salary sacrifice scheme.
Role / Description
- Using software to write and create Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels for manufactured products
- Managing SDS and specifications for raw materials and bought in materials
- Management of COMAH documentation and coordinating COMAH activities on-site
- Conducting registration of products for Biocidal Product Regulation and DEFRA
- Liaising with the appropriate regulatory bodies and authorities regarding COMAH related issues and Biocide Regulations
- Supporting the implementation of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and managing associated documentation and audits
- Providing technical support to production and external customers
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or similar
- Proven experience in a technical role in the chemical industry - lab-based, QA or regulatory disciplines will all be considered
- Familiarity with safety data sheets, technical documentation, ISO standards and any chemical regulations
- Excellent IT skills and able to learn and use a variety of software
- Engaged, eager to learn and work autonomously after training
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a Chemist looking to contribute in a technical capacity outside the lab or perhaps someone looking to get more involved in regulatory affairs.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, documentation, SDS, safety data sheet, chemical, CLP, COMAH, regulation regulatory, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, QMS, QA, document, biocide, biocidal, product registration
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.